Kalvos & Damian is both historical and new. Get the RSS feed for new content info on|
Noizepunk & Das Krooner, interview transcripts, and K&D: In the House! More info.
Chronicle of the NonPop Revolution
Kalvos & Damian T-Shirt Design Contest
The Contest is Over! And the Winner is Mike Weinberger of Kailua Kona, Hawaii!
October 22, 2000
Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Mike's design is just what we wanted -- high energy and malleability. We took his design for the shirt as is, and then mutated it for a new K&D logo, and used the Compacta type face (Mike, you shudda told us) to create our new K&D page buttons. Here's Mike's look for Kalvos & Damian:
Mike, the CD prize pack is winging its way to you! We don't have your email address or we'd tell you now!
The Original Posting
The 18 Official Rules and Stuff
Deadline Extended Until We Get Some More Things We Like!
Kalvos & Damian need a t-shirt design (and also for mugs and other cheap trinkets), so they want you to enter their contest. Here's how to do it:
- Create an original design for K&D. The final design has to say one of the following:
- Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar
- K & D's New Music Bazaar
- Kalvos & Damian
In smaller letters somewhere along the hem, sleeves, neck, seams, or sides, it must also say http://kalvos.org/ and WGDR 91.1 FM. We'll move stuff around for mug designs.
- Your Red Alert for New Music!
- Images and illustrations as part of the design are welcome. Simple, please. (How will it look on a keychain?)
- Make physical designs no smaller than 8.5x11 inches (one for each side of the t-shirt or mug) and usable as-is. No sketches or photos that can't be reproduced.
- Submit electronic designs as 2x3-inch thumbnails at 72dpi in uncompressed format, PC-compatible TIFF or BMP. A 300dpi final version may be requested of any submission, and will be required of the winner.
- Use no more than three silk-screenable colors.
- You must own the design and any illustrations you submit. Really.
- Send the design by FTP, US postal mail, or in person to Kalvos & Damian's mailbox at WGDR during broadcast hours. No email attachments, faxes, or delivery services please. In any case, we prefer FTP.
- Include your full name, address, daytime and evening telephone, and email address. Well duh. Like you won't tell us.
- Our physical address for contest submissions only is Kalvos & Damian T-Shirt, 176 Cox Brook Road, Northfield VT 05663. Use the Northfield address for any other correspondence.
- Our FTP address is ftp://maltedmedia.com/incoming/. To complete your submission, notify us by electronic mail at Contact Form. New FTP users: Just click the FTP link, and (with Netscape) choose "File|Upload File..." and browse your computer to find it. Then upload. (There's some problem for IE users, through I don't know what it is. Maybe they can't upload a file with a browser. Dunno.)
- There is no deadline for entries. We've received a few wonderful designs now (as of mid-August 2000), but will hold this open a little while longer.
- If you wish confirmation of postal receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard. Do not ask for the package to be signed for.
- If you wish confirmation of hand delivery, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard. If you don't hear from us within 10 days, worry. It's a radio station, and, well, you know...
- If you wish confirmation of electronic receipt, please request an acknowledgment along with your email notice.
- Lost entries are your responsibility. Keep the original.
- Winners will be chosen by Kalvos and Damian (Dennis Báthory-Kitsz and David Gunn) based on their own likes and dislikes, biases, reactions, foibles, state-of-mind, mental health, and budget. Their decision will be final, and they may decide all the designs are crappy. Be prepared. Spelling counts.
- By submitting a design to this contest, you grant Kalvos & Damian exclusive right to use it in any way they see fit, including posting it on the K&D website. We'll remember you if we strike it rich. Really.
- Except for the right to display on the website, Kalvos & Damian will release rights back to those who don't win as soon as we grinningly reject them!
- Everybody is eligible to submit, including past guests, WGDR personnel, supporters and donors, and even us. Though what would we want with the prizes?
- The winner (or two, if we can't really decide) will receive a bucket of gifts, including two dozen CDs of new music and other goodies contributed by Kalvos & Damian guests and supporters.
- Winners will be notified by postal mail or email (indicate your preference) when we find a good design.
- K&D won't answer any questions about this contest until it's all over, so don't ask. If we've left something out of the rules, better tell us quickly.
- K&D are responsible for nothing -- nothing, you hear! We're just trying to have some fun here.